Tzu Chi 3R Center at Taman Tunku is a recycling center that makes use of the Taman Tunku Community Hall to collect, redistribute, and resell recyclable items as part of an initiative to promote recycling.
The longest serving and the largest Polyclinic is the one situated close to the city centre about ten to fifteen minutes walk from the Miri District office. It is flanked by a Shell petrol station, and in the vicinity of the Handicraft Center, a shopping mall, and a primary school.
The two storey solid wooden building housing the museum today was built in the year 1897 as a fort by the second White Rajah, Charles Brooke to impose peace and order in the region where warfare among the local tribes prevailed.
Loagan Bunut is a huge inland lake situated in the Baram district in Miri division that could be developed into a major tourist attraction for Sarawak. Its scenic natural surroundings and tranquility make the lake an ideal retreat for nature lover and urbanites escaping from the hassle bussle of a city.
The successful discovery of offshore oil in the 1970s triggered a fresh development boom in Miri; luxury hotels were built, more houses constructed and new shopping centers and industrial estates established. Miri ranked as the second most important commercial town in Sarawak after Sibu town.