Long before Lutong bridge was constructed, the area had a ferry service, possibly at or near the site of what is now the Lutong bridge today. These pictures were taken on 4th July, 1945 during the ending stages of the Japanese occupation, by the Australian 2/13 infantry battalion aiming to reoccupy Sarawak from Japanese.
The Baram Ferry used to operate at the Baram River, transporting vehicles and passengers across the river. The ferry was a vital link between Miri-Brunei border and for a long time it was the only way to get across.
Most local-born Mirians from the 1970s to the 1980s would have heard of this story of this haunted house. The house, located near the main road at Krokop 10, next to the Krokop 10 Bazaar, was a typical wooden house on stilts of the colonial times, painted in a baby blue hue with some reddish accents along the windows, with a wooden staircase leading up to the second floor, where the actual living space is.